Zerodha, one of the biggest discount brokers in India with more than 10 lakh customers, is basically known for its lower brokerage charges. A fixed brokerage is charged by the broker at the rate of Rs 20 per trade irrespective of the trade volume. This saves a huge amount of money for traders trading in high volumes regularly.
Zerodha Kite Mobile App offers trading services in BSE, NSE, and MCX segments. Along with this, registered users can also get access to mutual fund investments and Demat account services.
Products Offered by Zerodha Kite
- Kite Web: A website that runs like a normal website with streaming quotes, advanced charts, keyboard shortcuts, and elegant UI among other features.
- Kite Mobile App: Free and simple yet powerful trading application available for both Android and iOS users. Zerodha Kite Mobile App gives users access to all the Kite Web features.
- Kite Connect API: Encouraging developers to build their own tools to trade using simple HTTP/ JSON APIs.
Zerodha Kite Mobile App Download
Kite is a free mobile trading application from Zerodha, termed as a better mobile trading platform as compared to those provided by other brokers. It is a basic, intuitive, and light yet powerful mobile trading app. The mobile trading application is available on both Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store for users in India and can be downloaded on smartphones free of charge.
At present, the Zerodha Kite app has more than 1 million downloads from the Google play store and has been rated 4 stars by Android users. The size of the application is around 11 MB.
Features of Zerodha Kite 3.0
Zerodha kite mobile app offers amazing new features that are useful for both passive investors and active traders. All these features are designed for giving a better trading experience to both beginners as well as advanced traders. Some of them are given below:
- High-speed performance and connectivity
- Interactive views: Trading charts with Chart IQ and customized MarketWatch, assisting users to view the desired fields only
- Biometrics: Fingerprint and Face ID authentication to maintain the security of user data as a primary concern
- Fast: The app updates the order just after the placement
- Saves Time and Energy: Use the filters to do your research and get results faster
- Notifications: Automatic push notifications for order update to let the users stay up-to-date with new happenings so you won’t miss a thing
- New Login: The new login page is faster with a customized personal avatar for security
- Personalize Profile: The app allows users to choose their personal photo for login and profile
- Sparklines on Holding: Users can see the performance overview of their holdings for the last 52 weeks from the holdings page.
- Universal Context Menu: Users can view MarketWatch charts, market depth, and stock widgets, all under a single universal menu.
- Floating Order Window: Drag and place the window anywhere on the screen and Kite will remember its last location.
- Exit Multiple Orders/Positions: The app allows you to select multiple open orders/positions at the same time and exit them all at once.
- Multiple Chart View: You can set and view up to four charts at the same time
How to Trade via Zerodha Kite 3.0?
First, you need to open a Zerodha Demat account to trade using Zerodha Kite mobile app. The app is available 100% free of cost for use to Zerodha Demat account holders.
How to Start Trading Using Zerodha Kite 3.0?
You need to submit copies of documents like PAN card and Aadhar card along with the application to open an account. Follow these steps to set up and trade using your Zerodha Kite 3.0 account.
- Fill and submit the application form for a Demat account
- Get your Kite login ID
- Log in using your Zerodha Kite ID at kite.zerodha.com
- After logging into the app, open the watchlist by clicking on the option “Market Watch”
- Type your share name
- Use the dropbox to select share
- After adding the share to your marketplace, you will get options to see the overview of the share with buy and sell options
- Press buy and select the quantity and submit the order. (Select sell if you have already purchased a stock and want to sell it)
- Click B icon to Buy or S to Sell
- Check the overview of your holdings in Portfolio section
- Use Chart option to see different charts for analysis
- Through the notification window, you can check all the latest notifications.
Does Zerodha Kite 3.0 Deal with IPO and Mutual Fund?
Zerodha mobile application does provide an online IPO application service or the option to invest in mutual funds.
Is Zerodha Kite 3.0 Safe for Traders?
Zerodha is as safe as any other reputed trading platform. The stockbroker is registered with BSE, NSE, MCX, and government-governed SEBI. The company has also taken care of the privacy of the traders and details of all transactions of traders are not shared. While only users can access their transaction details, the Kite app adds further layers of protection using password and biometric authentications.
Advantages of Zerodha Kite Mobile App
- Convenient: The application is available for both Android and iOS users and allows access to the trading world through a simple login panel.
- Less Costly: With no middleman, users can trade through the kite mobile app using his/her own mindset, in-built charts, or recommendations.
- Quick Transaction: The amount can be easily transferred from one account to another instantly.
- Instant Buy/Sell: Online trading eliminates the waiting list and you can buy/sell shares with a single click only.
Disadvantages of Zerodha Kite Mobile App
- Lack of Personal Touch: While Zerodha Kite users can trade according to their convenience, it leads to no personal relationship between the broker and traders.
- Apt for Experts Only: This concept of online transactions is not as good for beginners who need guidance and support to invest in the right place as much as it is for market experts.
- Dependency on the Internet: Zerodha Kite Mobile App is an online trading platform that needs a working internet connection. Thus, a slow internet connection can result in the loss of the trader.
Zerodha Kite mobile app is the best choice for traders who are serious stock market investors and are searching for an easy to use mobile trading platform. The app guides traders with technical charts and recommendations. Technological up-gradation and a user-friendly interface allow anyone to use the app effortlessly. Besides, Kite 3.0 also enables users to multitask and control multiple accounts simultaneously. Zerodha has also taken care of the users’ privacy with tight security measures implemented to prevent the leakage of any data.