SBICAP Securities Limited is a wholly-owned broking subsidiary of State Bank of India. SBICAP Securities is a full-service stockbroking company providing institution equity, retail equity, broking, e-broking, derivatives and depository participant services. The renowned banking group entered the broking arena in 2006 and since then it has established its network across the country.
SBI Capital is registered with NSE and BSE and is a depository participant of NSDL and CDSL. This SBI Securities Review 2020 discusses the various trading services it offers to both resident Indians and non-resident Indians (NRIs).
SBI Smart, the flagship trading platform allows the traders to invest online in a vast range of segments including Equity, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, IPOs, ETFs, and NCDs. It also offers lending services like a Car loan, Home loan, and Loan against securities.
Being a bank based broking firm, SBI Securities offers a 3-in-1 Demat account to its customers allowing ease of transferring of funds between trading and saving accounts. The 3-in-1 account links all the three accounts; namely Bank account, Trading account and Demat account together.
In this, the bank account is opened with the State Bank of India while the trading and Demat account are held with SBI Capital Securities Limited. Along with this, the customers can also avail of the research services and get access to different Research Reports, Analysis Tools and brokerage calculator.
It also offers several trading platforms to its customers including:
- SBI Smart Portal
- SBI Smart Xpress
- SBI Smart Lite
- SBI Smart Mobile App
The trading services with SBICap Securities are accessible through [email protected] through a 3-in-1 Demat account.
Why Invest with SBI Securities?
Here are some reasons why you should invest with SBI capital,
- State Bank of India is India’s largest bank, which builds trust amongst customers.
- There are 115 branches of SBI capital securities spread all across India
- Customers have free access to the trading terminal like SBISMART Xpress and mobile trading app SBI Smart.
- Investments can be made in a variety of instruments like bonds, mutual funds, and IPO.
- Seamless transactions can be made due to the merging of saving, Demat and trading account.
- The facility of analysis and research is available to all the customers.
Awards and Accolades achieved by SBI Securities
- The Asset triple Asia infrastructure award for ‘ Project Finance House Of the Year 9 India)’ in the year 2018.
- The asset triple-A country award for “ Best IPO” in the year 2017.
- Arogya, World healthy workplace gold-level award in the year 2017.
SBI Securities Trading Platforms
It should be noted that all the trading platforms offered by SBI Capital, across the web, desktop, and mobile devices are all in house platforms. This means that SBI capital is one of the few stock broking companies in India that offers in-house platforms.
Enlisted below are the SBI Capital trading platforms:
SBI SMART EXPRESS
This is a terminal-based trading software that is provided by SBI Capital. This software needs to be downloaded and installed into your laptop or the desktop.
SBI Smart Express is most suitable for those who trade heavily and requires high performance.
- Charting can be easily done.
- Customers can square off, modify or even cancel the pending orders.
- Historical data provided help in fundamental and technical analysis.
- Trading research reports are available on these trading platforms.
SBI SMART WEB
This is a browser-based trading platform, which can be directly accessed as long as your device has access to the internet. Thus there is no requirement of downloading and installation.
The customers just need to fill in the right credentials to log in to the application and can start trading.
It is a quite responsive application and can be accessed using any of the electronic devices like mobile, tablet, laptop, etc.
- The fund can be easily transferred using the fund transfer feature.
- This application is quite lightweight.
- Provides fundamental as well as technical analysis report.
SBI SMART MOBILE APP
SBI Smart Mobile App is a well-designed app that proves a variety of features. The customers often face problems while using this application.
- It provides the facility of a market watch.
- Status and the position of the order can be checked
- BSE and NSE stock markets can be tracked very easily.
SBI Securities Customer Care
SBI Capital has presence all across India, through its branches that are spread all over India.
- Toll-Free Customer care number
- Email id
- State-wise list of the phone numbers
In addition to all this there is also FAQ ( Frequently asked questions) and ask your question section on its website that can resolve all the queries of the customers.
SBI Securities Research
This full-time service stockbroker gives access to the research reports regularly. The research products provided by SBI Capital Securities are as follows,
It gives quick glimpses of the market momentum. It gives the information as to which stocks should be monitored, for making a profit. The insights are only given for equity and derivative segments.
The HeatMaps uses various color codes so that the customers can very easily figure out the trends in the specific stocks. The customers who want to make quick profits through intraday trading are very much benefitted by HeatMaps, as it saves their time.
It gives the customers, a quick idea about movement in the stock market, by doing a relative study of different stocks. The usage of different color codes
gives a quick idea about the stock movement.
● FUNDAMENTAL REPORTS
It provides in-depth research on specific stocks and companies of different sectors. These reports give recommendations about whether you should buy, sell, accumulate, and hold specific stocks according to the market situation.
How to Open an Account?
The 3 in 1 account can be opened by following ways;
- Call on the toll-free customer care number and let the customer care executive know that you wish to open an account with them.
- Give a visit to the SBI Capital securities branch nearby you, and the branch manager will assist you in the process of opening an account.
- Fill in the open an account form on the website of SBI Capital Securities, and the representative of SBI Capital Securities will give you a call within 24 hours of filling the form.
KEY FEATURES OF SBI CAPITAL DEMAT ACCOUNT
- Customers can get 3 in 1 trading experience.
- The account can be accessed even at the low bandwidth.
- Funds and shares can be transferred instantaneously.
The Demat account opening charges and the AMC of SBI Capital Securities are as follows,
|3-in-1 Trading and Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹850|
|Annual Maintenance Charges(Yearly Fee)||₹500|
Brokerage charges changes depending on the situation, however, these are the general brokerage charges,
|Equity Options||₹50 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹20 per contract|
The customers get following leverage or exposure for options, intraday, delivery, currency, and commodities which is as follows,
|Equity Delivery||NSE:- 0.00386%BSE:- 0.00384%|
|Equity Intraday||NSE:- 0.00386%BSE:- 0.00384%|
|Equity Futures||NSE:- 0.002206%|
|Equity Options||NSE:- 0.05515%|
|Currency Options||NSE:- 0.05515%|
SBI Securities Consumer Complaint Report
SBI Capital complaint reports provide details about
- Number of complaints received by stock exchanges for SBI Capital
- A number of active clients.
|Exchange||Financial Year||Active Clients||Total Complaints|
If you want the detailed comparison of Total Complaints by customers against the broker, kindly Click on this link
The State bank of India is the most trusted bank in India. SBI Capital provides a variety of services under one roof, and it should be noted that the services are quite good. However, the services provided by SBI Capital Securities, a full-time broker are not up to the standard of services provided by other stock.
If you are new to the concept of investing in the stocks and do not wish to pay high-end fees that are charged by other stockbroking companies, then you can surely go ahead and open a Demat account with SBI Capital.