When you start earning money saving some of it for a later stage may be the last thing on your mind. Most of the times you may delay in making savings by assuming that saving can be done later when you get your dream job, but the truth is just the opposite. You will end up spending more later and have much lesser savings.
Thus starting to save early forms a strong financial foundation , not only this, it also positively affects the way you live your life.
There are various options available to get you started with the process of building your financial independence, and we are here to help you make the right decisions as far as your investments are concerned. One way is by investing money in the stock markets, which if done under properly with good guidance can provide great returns. So , if you have just started or are on the journey of investing in the stock markets, there is no better way to get started than by understanding the products and services being offered by various stockbrokers.
Read along our detailed review about SBI Capital Securities.
Introduction to SBI Capital
SBICAP Securities is a broking subsidiary of SBI capital markets LTD, which is a part of the SBI group. SBI Capital securities ( SSL) provides customers services like retail equity, institution equity, broking, E-broking, derivatives, and depository precipitant.
SBI capital entered the broking world, in the year 2006 and has a presence all across the county. It is registered with NSE as well as BSE and is DP for CDSL.
In addition to that, both resident Indians, as well as non-resident Indians, can avail the services provided by SSL.
It provides share trading services through [email protected], which links your savings account to your demat account and trading account.
Open Account and Start Trading
Why Invest in SBI Capital?
Here are some reasons why you should invest with SBI capital,
- State Bank Of India is India’s largest bank, which builds trust amongst customers.
- There are 115 branches of SBI capital securities spread all across India.
- Customers have free access to the trading terminal like SBISMART Xpress and mobile trading app SBI Smart.
- Investments can be made in a variety of instruments like bonds, mutual funds, and IPO.
- Seamless transactions can be made due to the merging of saving, demat and trading account.
- The facility of analysis and research is available to all the customers.
Awards and Accolades achieved by SBI Capital
- The Asset triple Asia infrastructure award for ‘ Project Finance House Of the Year 9 India)’ in the year 2018.
- The asset triple-A country award for “ Best IPO” in the year 2017.
- Arogya, World healthy workplace gold level award in the year 2017.
It should be noted that all the trading platforms offered by SBI Capital, across the web, desktop and mobile devices are all in house platforms. This means that SBI capital is one of the few stock broking companies in India that offers in-house platforms.
Enlisted below are the SBI Capital trading platforms
SBI SMART EXPRESS
This is terminal based trading software that is provided by SBI Capital. This software needs to be downloaded and installed into your laptop or the desktop.
SBI Smart Express is most suitable for those who trade heavily and requires high performance.
- Charting can be easily done.
- Customers can square off, modify or even cancel the pending orders.
- Historical data provided help in fundamental and technical analysis.
- Trading research reports are available in these trading platforms.
SBI SMART WEB
This is a browser-based trading platform, which can be directly accessed as long as your device has access to the internet. Thus there is no requirement of downloading and installation.
The customers just need to fill in the right credentials to log in to the application and can start trading.
It is quite responsive application and can be accessed using any of the electronic devices like mobile, tablet, laptop, etc.
- The fund can be easily transferred using the fund transfer feature.
- This application is quite lightweight.
- Provides fundamental as well as technical analysis report.
SBI SMART MOBILE APP
SBI Smart Mobile App is a well-designed app that proves a variety of features. The customers often face problems while using this application.
- Provides the facility of a market watch.
- Status and the position of the order can be checked.
- BSE and NSE stock markets can be tracked very easily.
SBI Capital has presence all across India, through its branches that are spread all over India.
- Toll Free Customer care number
- Email id
- State wise list of the phone numbers
In addition to all this there is also FAQ ( Frequently asked questions) and ask your question section on its website that can resolve all the queries of the customers.
This full-time service stockbroker gives access to the research reports regularly. The research products provided by SBI Capital Securities are as follows,
It gives quick glimpses of the market momentum. It gives the information as to which stocks should be monitored, for making a profit. The insights are only given for equity and derivative segments.
The HeatMaps uses various color codes so that the customers can very easily figure out the trends in the specific stocks. The customers who want to make quick profits through intraday trading are very much benefitted by HeatMaps, as it saves their time.
It gives the customers, a quick idea about movement in the stock market, by doing a relative study of different stocks. The usage of different color codes
gives a quick idea about the stock movement.
It provides in-depth research on specific stocks and companies of different sectors. These reports give recommendations about whether you should buy, sell, accumulate, and hold specific stocks according to the market situation.
How to Open an Account?
The 3 in 1 account can be opened by following ways;
- Call on the toll-free customer care number and let the customer care executive know that you wish to open an account with them.
- Give a visit to the SBI Capital securities branch nearby you, and the branch manager will assist you in the process of opening an account.
- Fill in the open an account form on the website of SBI Capital Securities, and the representative of SBI Capital Securities will give you a call within 24 hours of filling the form.
KEY FEATURES OF SBI CAPITAL DEMAT ACCOUNT
- Customers can get 3 in 1 trading experience.
- The account can be accessed even at the low bandwidth.
- Funds and shares can be transferred instantaneously.
The demat account opening charges and the AMC of SBI Capital Securities are as follows,
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹850|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges||0|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||0|
|Demat Annual Maintenance Charges(Yearly Fee)||₹350|
Brokerage charges changes depending on the situation, however, these are the general brokerage charges,
|Equity Options||₹100 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹30 per contract|
SBI CAPITAL MARGIN
The customers get following leverage or exposure for options, intraday, delivery, currency, and commodities which is as follows,
SBI CAPITAL TRANSACTION CHARGES
These are the transaction charges being levied by the full-service broker
|Equity Delivery||NSE:- 0.00386%BSE:- 0.00384%|
|Equity Intraday||NSE:- 0.00386%BSE:- 0.00384%|
|Equity Futures||NSE:- 0.002206%|
|Equity Options||NSE:- 0.05515%|
|Currency Options||NSE:- 0.05515%|
SBI Capital complaint reports provide details about
- Number of complaints received by stock exchanges for SBI Capital
- A number of active clients.
|Exchange||Financial Year||Active Clients||Total Complaints|
If you want the detailed comparison of Total Complaints by customers against the broker, kindly Click on this link
State bank of India is the most trusted bank of India. SBI Capital, provides a variety of services under one roof, and it should be noted that the services are quite good. However, the services provided by SBI Capital Securities, a full-time broker are not up to the standard of services provided by other stock However, if you are new to the concept of investing in the stocks and do not wish to pay high end fees that are charged by other stock broking companies, then you can surely go ahead and open a Demat account with SBI Capital.