RK Global, a Mumbai-based discount broker, is one of the fastest-growing share and commodity broking companies. Established in 1995, the organization launched its retail broking business in 2004 and has a pan India presence.
The broker offers its services under several brokerage plans and with both web- and desktop-based applications.
One can trade across multiple segments including Equities, Currency, Derivatives, Commodities, IPO Distribution, Mutual Funds, Depository, and others. The discount broker is known to offer compelling pricing plans and strong customer support.
Trading Platforms Offered by RK Global
Catering to traders in more than 150 cities through business associates, RK Global operates through online mode only and has no physical presence. Trading platforms offered by the broker as detailed below:
RK DIET ODIN
A conventional trading terminal, Odin Diet comes as downloadable and installable software from RK Global. This 10x setup high-speed software comes equipped with a number of features to make things easier for traders.
- Live streaming quotes
- Historical and continuous charts with 63 technical indicators
- Integrated market watch and alert facility
- Real-time technical analysis with an option to export data in excel sheet format
- Integrated support for 25+ banks for online funds transfer
- Heatmaps and other features for easy and fast understanding
RK Mobile Trading App
For traders on the move, the discount broker comes with iWIN, a mobile app based on the desktop software. Traders can use the app for trading across various segments including BSE, NSE, MCX, and MCX-SX.
Though trading through this mobile app might get cumbersome, it tries to deliver a smooth experience with features like:
- Live streaming of news and quotes
- Integrated functionality for market watch
If you are interested in downloading this app click here
A trading website from the broker, RKG Net.Net makes the whole process easier, faster, and accessible from anywhere using a web browser and internet. The website offers a similar set of features as that offered by the desktop terminal.
RKG Mobile Trading App
Another app for traders registered with RK Global, RKG Mobile Trading App comes from NSE NOW.
- Supports Android v2.2 and higher
- Supports iOS v4 and higher
- Supports Blackberry OS
- Allows trading in multiple segments (NSE Cash, Currency, and F&O)
Web-based and internet trading systems allow trading in NSE segment only. However, traders willing to invest in BSE need to use any of the trading platforms provided by the broker.
RK Global Pricing
The discount broker offers attractive plans with nominal brokerage charges for stock market investors.
Account Opening and Maintenance Charges
RK Global charges INR 200 for Demat Account while opening a trading account is free of cost. Similarly, AMC charges for Demat account are INR 250 and that for Trading account is INR 0. Here are the details of these charges:
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||0|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges||0|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹200|
|Demat Annual Maintenance Charges(Yearly Fee)||₹250|
RK Global Brokerage Charges
The discount broker offers dedicated plans for both heavy and casual traders and investors including an unlimited monthly plan and a flat-fee per trade plan.
India Trades Plan (INR 999)
Under this plan, traders are charged a flat brokerage of INR 999 per month for all executed trades within the period. Available for NSE and BSE capital market segments, this plan is suitable for frequent/heavy investors.
Super 9 Plan
This plan is suitable for casual traders whose frequency of investing and/or trading is quite less. With this, traders are charged a flat brokerage of INR 9 per executed trade, irrespective of the value of trade. Here are the details of the plan:
|Monthly Fee (Fixed)|
|Equity Delivery||₹9 per executed order|
|Equity Intraday||₹9 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||₹9 per executed order|
|Equity Options||₹9 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||₹9 per executed order|
|Currency Options||₹9 per executed order|
|Commodity Futures||₹9 per executed order|
|Commodity Options||₹9 per executed order|
Apart from brokerage and account opening and maintenance fees, customers also have to pay for transaction charges, here are the details of the same charged by RK Global:
|Equity Delivery||NSE: 0.00325% / BSE: 0.00275%|
|Equity Intraday||NSE: 0.00325% / BSE: 0.00275%|
|Equity Options||0.053% on sell-side (on premium)|
|Currency Futures||NSE: 0.00135%|
|Currency Options||NSE: 0.044%|
RK Global Margin
Margin facilities are important for those traders who follow the high risk – high return strategy and can be very fruitful if you get it right.
However, it can eat up your capital very quickly if not done properly. Hence always be aware of the risks of using margin before doing it. Here are the details of RK Global margin facilities:
|Intraday||Upto 10X for Intraday, no leverage for delivery|
|Equity Futures||Upto 5X for Intraday|
|Equity Options||Upto 5X for Intraday|
|Currency Futures||Upto 3X|
|Currency Options||Upto 3X|
|Commodities||Upto 5X for Intraday|
Additional Charges: In addition to account opening and brokerage charges, RK Global levies the following charges on traders registered with the broker.
These charges are dedicated to maintaining their software trading platforms as well as those charged by the exchange.
- Software maintenance charges for the web-based platform: INR 99/- per month
- Software maintenance charges for the desktop-based Diet Odin platform: INR 299/- per month
- DP transaction charges for outgoing transactions: INR 15/- per ISIN
RK Global Customer Service
The discount broker is known for offering compelling customer service, offered 24*7 through a number of channels as listed below:
- Analyst Forum: Though they call it a forum, the page shows posts on the broker’s Facebook page, allowing visitors to like the page, view posts, and send a message.
- Local Helpdesk: RK Global operates a 24*7 helpdesk touted for faster communication and hassle-free experience, giving out better information.
- Traders can call on +91-(079)- 40020999 for Board line, Account Opening, and Customer care. The number available for trading-related queries is +91-(079) 40210994, for technical queries +91-(079) 4021 0997/98/93, and for back-office support is +91-(079) 40210992.
- Web Form: Traders can drop in a message through a simple contact form available on the website and get a reply through email or call.
- Testimonials & Feedback Form: In addition to getting direct support, traders can share their feedback about the broker’s services through testimonials or feedback form. Any trader leaving negative/dissatisfactory feedback is followed to solve the issues that they face.
RK Global does not provide any worthy material to help new investors learn the nuances of the stock market.
They do however have a blog section with a few blogs on macroeconomics in India but it is clearly not enough from a knowledge standpoint.
If you are interested in learning more about the basics of investing, kindly check out our knowledge series.
Consumer Complaint Report
This report is an indicator of how the discount broking firm is working towards resolving the complaints registered against them at NSE.
From this report, it is very evident that RK Global has been working pro-efficiently towards resolving the complaints registered against them at NSE. Here are the details of the report:
|Exchange||Financial Year||Number of Clients||Total Complaints|
To access the complete list of complaints registered against brokers with NSE, just click on this link
RK Global Pros and Cons
Like every other service provider, this discount broker also has a list of advantages and disadvantages as listed below:
- One-stop platform for a range of investment products
- Excellent brokerage plans for both high volume and casual traders
- Round-the-clock assistance through 24*7 help desk and other support options
- In-house trading platforms available for web, desktop, and mobile
- Integrated Demat account and share broker services
- Allows investment/trading in mutual funds and IPOs as well
- Additional charges for using trading software charged monthly
- Investors can trade in NSE/BSE capital market segments with the popular unlimited and flat-fee per trade plans
- Limited/no stock trading offers from the discount broker
- A considerable number of complaints against the broker add a negative factor to the overall experience.
- Traders need to login for each service separately
- Lack of on-site brokerage calculator or any other helpful tool
RK Global is one of the fastest-growing discount brokers with some hits and misses like many other brokers out there.
It offers a compelling range of customer support options along with attractive plans and in-house trading platforms.
On the contrary, the discount broker has additional charges for software maintenance, limited segments for preferred plans, and no additional tool on site.