Founded in 1982, Religare Securities Ltd. is a stock brokerage firm and a subsidiary of Religare Enterprises. They have over 800,000 clients offering their clients retail broking, depository services, and other investment services. This Religare Securities review discusses the products and services of the full service broker in detail.
They have a presence in over 500 cities through its various sub-brokers and branches. Religare offers its clients to invest in various segments like Equity, Derivative Trading, Commodity Trading, Currency Trading, and Mutual Funds, etc.
Religare is a member of BSE, NSE, NCDEX and MCX exchanges. It is also a depository participant with NSDL and CSDL.
The full-service stock broker offers unique services such as TIN & PAN identification at a few select branches and works as NSDL appointed enrolment agency for Aadhar UID as well.
Like most of its competitors, Religare offers its clients a 2-in-1 account which is a combination of an online trading account and a demat account.
Apart from that it also offers its customers a wide array of services through its trading platform called R-ACE (Religare Advanced Client Engine). Here are 3 types of accounts available to customers:
- R-ACE (Basic): It is the most basic online trading account offered by Religare and is only for customers who do not want to spend their entire time in front of a trading terminal. Using this account customers can get the information they want online as well as through their cell phones.
- R-ACE LITE (Advanced): It is a browser-based advanced trading platform which provides more features than the R-ACE basic account. Advanced features include real-time streaming stock quotes and alerts. This is meant for customers who like to keep track of their account on a real-time basis.
- R-ACE Pro (Professional): This account is specially made for professional traders who trade in high volumes on a daily basis. This account comes with a trading software which connects the trader to the stock market directly and they can have access to features like advanced technical charts, creating multiple watch-lists, open-interest tables, futures, and options trade cost calculator, etc.
Let us have a brief look at the various trading platforms being offered by Religare to its wide array of customers:
Religare Online Web
It is a browser-based trading platform where the clients only need an internet connection to start trading online and does not require installation of any software unlike other trading platforms offered by Religare. Here are some of the features of this platform:
- Access to Advanced Charting to help you identify patterns easily.
- The browser-based platform provides customers with High-speed execution of trades, to match the needs of professional traders.
- Real-time streaming of stock quotes which helps in analyzing the market quickly.
- Easily available historical data of up to 5 years.
- Create Watch lists of your favorite stocks, currencies, and commodities.
Religare – Trade on the Go
This mobile app from Religare is designed to make customers trade through their mobile phones. Users can also download an.exe file on their phones and download the app to start trading using their own phones.
This app is available on Android and Apple app stores.
Some of the features of this app are:
- Trade from anywhere using the mobile app
- Personalized market watch
- Track your portfolio anytime from anywhere
- Access to advanced charting with market trends and indicators
- Live streaming of stock quotes
- Allows tracking of order book, trade book, market depth, etc
As far as trading apps for mobile go this application seems pretty average and its performance can be improved given the quality mobile trading apps produced by some of their competitors.
Religare ODIN DIET
Religare ODIN DIET is a comprehensive trading tool with a facility to trade in cash, derivatives, mutual funds, IPOs, currencies, and commodities all in one screen. With this platform, you can conveniently trade on National Exchanges i.e.
- National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE)
- Bombay Stock Exchange of India Limited (BSE)
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX)
- National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX)
- MCX Stock Exchange Limited (MCX SX)
This application can be easily installed on your laptop or desktop. Some of the features of this app have been listed below:
- You can trade like a real trader with access to the Traders Terminal on your desktop
- Access to all asset class allowing customers to book profits in stocks, currencies, and commodities at the same time
- Get real-time streaming quotes of your favorite stock, commodity or currency
- Access to unlimited advanced technical charting for Intraday & EOD
- Track multiple multiple instruments at the same time using Market Watch
- Online Transfer of funds made easy
- Highly Integrated DP & Backoffice
Another mobile application from Religare Securities which provides the ease of placing trades through your mobile phone. Users can now get live streaming prices for their favorite scrips.
Dynami’s features make the user experience easy and intuitive by keeping users updated while they are on the move. Here are some of the features of the mobile app:
- Get real-time price updates for Equity, Commodity & Currency markets
- Create & Personalize multiple Watchlists across various exchanges like NSE, BSE, MCX & NCDEX
- View real-time market value of your stock holdings
- Place orders for Equity, Commodity & Currency with a simple swipe
- Get instant trade confirmations & real-time stock price notifications on your smartphone
- Place orders even after market hours
- Funds Transfer and withdrawal facility available
- View the status of Funds Transfer and Withdrawal request
- Edit and Cancel the pending Funds Withdrawal request
There are plenty of concerns with the mobile app as it continuously crashes, transfer of funds is not smooth either and does not fully support android smartphone models.
Religare has a large number of analysts who use technical as well as fundamental analysis to provide good quality research to its clients.
To access their research, kindly click here.
As a customer, one of the most important thing is to understand how you will be charged by the broker. Hence, let’s understand the pricing followed by Religare Securities.
ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||0|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges||₹500|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹300|
|Demat Annual Maintenance Charges(Yearly Fee)||0|
Religare Securities Brokerage Structure
Here is the detailed brokerage structure followed by Religare Securities:
|Equity Options||₹70 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹30 per Lot|
Religare Securities Transaction Charges
Religare charges its customers with additional transaction charges apart from the brokerage which includes the various taxes and transaction charges imposed by the government and SEBI. These charges are in addition to the brokerage already being paid by the customer.
|Segment||Transaction/Turnover Charges||Services Tax||Education Cess||Higher Education Cess||SEBI Charges|
|Equity Delivery||0.00325%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
|Equity Intraday||0.00325%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
|Equity Futures||0.004%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
|Equity Options||0.0006%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
|Currency Futures||0.004%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
|Currency Options||0.0006%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
|Commodity||0.0005%||0.12%||0.02%||0.01%||₹20 per crore|
Religare Securities Margin
Here are the margin details provided by Religare:
|Equity Delivery||Upto 4 times Intraday, upto 4 times delivery @interest|
|Equity Futures||Upto 3 times for Intraday|
|Equity Options||Buying no leverage, upto 3 times for Intraday|
|Currency Futures||Upto 2 times for Intraday|
|Currency Options||Buying no leverage, shorting upto 2 times for Intraday|
|Commodity||Upto 3 times for Intraday|
Complaints are a way to gauge customer satisfaction among the client base. As per the below table, the number of complaints against Religare Securities Ltd. has been low over the years meaning a reasonably better customer service as compared to other full-service brokers. Here are the number of complaints registered against Religare over the years:
|Exchange||Financial Year||Active Clients||Total Complaints|
Due to ongoing issues with the founders of Religare, the Singh brothers (Mr. Shivinder and Malvinder Singh) who have been heavily involved in the scandal involving Fortis Hospitals, the Securities business of Religare Enterprises has been acquired by Edelweiss Group’s wealth management as of Dec 20, 2017.
For more on the scam involving the Singh Brothers, Read more here.