Geojit BNP Paribas is one of the leading full-service stock brokerage houses of India with a growing presence in the Middle East. Geojit was founded by C. J. George and Ranajit Kanjilal in the year 1987.
The name of the brokerage company changed from Geojit Securities Limited to Geojit Financial Services to finally Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services after BNP Paribas, a global banking major became the largest stakeholder in the company in the year 2007.
This Geojit BNP Paribas Review 2020 discusses the brokerage firm based out of Kochi, Kerala with around 500 branches across India serving over 10 lakh customers
It was the first company in the country to develop a franchise model of sub broking, launch online trading services, and became the first company to form a joint venture in West Asia. Geojit is also the first brokerage company to start Commodity futures trading in gold, silver, cardamom, and pepper in the country.
Geojit BNP Paribas rides on rich experience in capital markets to provide extensive saving and investment solutions to its customers. The company offers a large range of financial products and services, which include Equities, derivatives, Mutual funds, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, Investment management, Currency futures, Commodity futures, Margin trading, financial forecast, Advisory services, General Insurance and Life Insurance.
Geojit is registered as a depository participant with NSDL and CDSL and is also a member of NSE as well as BSE. They provide 3-in-1 Demat account services, appoint a relationship manager and provide educational training and trading tips to its customers.
Why Invest With Geojit BNP Paribas?
Here are some reasons why you should invest with GEOJIT BNP Paribas,
- This stockbroking company is listed in NSE and BSE.
- The commodity trading can also be carried out, through the subsidiary of this stock broking company.
- It provides registered depository services.
- A wide network of 500 branches spread across India and more than that it also offers women exclusive branches.
- The latest technology trading platform is offered.
Geojit Trading Platforms
Geojit is one of the first few stockbroking companies that provided an online trading facility to its clients. All the trading platforms offered by this stockbroker company are based on the latest technology.
The trading platforms are advanced online investment platforms and are known as “SELFIE” ( Self-directed Trading & Investment Platform ).
The detailed information about its various trading platforms is given below,
Geojit Selfie Gold
This is a web-based trading platform and is offered to all the online customers free of cost. The performance and the user experience of this platform is uniform with all the electronic devices like laptop PC, mobile tablet, etc.
The users have to log in to this application, using their credentials and start trading directly.
- The dashboard is personalized with widget baskets.
- Integrated security view, with market news, quotes and interactive charts all are displayed in one place.
- Orders can be placed directly through the interactive charts.
- Trading can be done with just one click.
- Location sensing.
- Offers general information that can be helpful to all the users
- Analysis can be done easily done through 90 market indicators
Geojit Selfie Platinum
This is a terminal-based trading platform, which the customers need to download and install on their laptops or desktops. This platform is useful, particularly for active traders.
- The market watch displays F&O, currency and cash quotes altogether
- .Customized screen layouts according to the individual’s own preference.
- Allows aftermarket hours orders.
- Funds can be transferred very easily to multiple banks.
- Trade confirmation is given instantaneously through a pop-up.
Geojit Selfie Mobile App
This mobile app is an advanced mobile application that offers a rich experience to the users. It has all the features that are crucial for trading.
- Color-coding is used to indicate top gainers and losers.
- Interactive charts are provided in different styles
- Offers multiple market watch list
- Trading can be done in cash and derivative segment
- Fast order facility is provided
- Can be also used in low bandwidth
- A view can be configured.
Geojit Customer Care
Geojit provides adequate customer care support to its customer through various channels like
- Email Customer Support
- Web Form
- Toll-free customer care number
- Customer care portal
- A wide network of branches
Through its multiple channels of communication, this stock broking company offers good customer support.
The customer care portal is separately set up with the aim to provide support to the customer base. The customers can log in their issues; a quick turn around support is given. And then providing personalized solutions solves customer issues.
In addition to this customers can also communicate with customer care executives through emails, toll-free customer care number or also by visiting the offline branches.
Geojit BNP Paribas Research
The research and recommendations are regularly provided to the customers through SMS, emails and are also integrated within the trading platform. Depending on the trading segment, the research can be differentiated into multiple facets, which are as follows,
The following information is given
- Market index movements through the daily market tracker.
- Information about the company.
- Various corporate announcements
- Analysis of the news
- Market analysis
The following information is given
- Interactive Charting
- Tips regarding currency segment
The following information is given
- New fund offers available
- Tracking of fund performance
- Top-performing stocks
- Returns on various categories
The accuracy of the research provided by Geojit BNP Paribas, are not up to the mark as compared to the industry standards, hence customers should do their own research and validate the tips and recommendations given by Geojit.
How To Open An Account
The customers need to open an account with Geojit, to invest or trade with them. The customers can open a Geojit Trading Account and/or Geojit Demat Account.
There are two ways in which the account can be opened with Geojit BNP Paribas, which are as follows,
- Open an account page is provided on the website of Geojit BNP Paribas, fill in your contact details and you will receive a call from the representative of Geojit, within a day.
- Locate a branch of Geojit BNP Paribas near you or can call the branch; a personal visit will be given, to open an account.
The account opening charges and the Account maintenance charges are as follows,
|ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES (one time only)||₹ 350|
|TRADING ACCOUNT AMC (annually)||NIl|
|DEMAT ACCOUNT AMC ( annually)||₹ 400|
The Geojit BNP Paribas offers quite competitive brokerage plans to its clients. Brokerage charges changes depending on the situation, however, these are the general brokerage charges,
|EQUITY OPTIONS||₹ 125 per contract|
|CURRENCY OPTIONS||₹ 125 per contract|
The customers get following leverage or exposure for options, intraday, delivery, currency, and commodities which is as follows,
|EQUITY INTRADAY||Up to 10X|
|EQUITY DELIVERY||Up to 7X with 22 % interest annually|
|EQUITY FUTURES||No Leverage|
|EQUITY OPTIONS||No Leverage|
|CURRENCY OPTIONS||No Leverage|
|CURRENCY FUTURE||No Leverage|
Geojit Transaction Charges
The transaction charges charged by Geojit BNP Paribas are as follows,
|TRADING SEGMENT||TRANSACTION FEE|
Geojit Consumer Complaint Report
Geojit complaint reports provide details about
- Number of complaints received by stock exchanges for Geojit
- Number of active clients
|Exchange||Financial Year||Number Of Consumers||Total Complaints|
To access the complete list of complaints registered against brokers with NSE, just click on this link
Geojit BNP Paribas has been providing good quality financial services to its customers for many years. The trading platforms provided by this stockbroker company has advanced technology. The brokerage charges are minimal as compared to the other similar companies in the industry. Moreover, it also provides adequate customer support.
In all, it can be concluded that one can trust the financial services provided by Geojit BNP Paribas.