Publicly Incorporated on 7th February 2008, Edelweiss Broking Ltd. Is a Mumbai based Full-Service Stock Broking firm which is a part of the Edelweiss Group, one of the largest firms in the Indian Financial Services domain.
They provide a large number of products and services to their retail, institutional and corporate clients.
Edelweiss Broking has the largest offline presence in the industry with over 4300 sub broker and franchise offices all over India, which in turn enables them to serve a large customer who can use the large range of products and services on offer to them.
Edelweiss Broking has a membership in NSE, BSE, MCX-SX and MSEI which allows its clients to trade and invest in Equity, Derivative Trading, Currency Trading, Mutual Funds, Gold ETFs, IPOs etc.
The broking firm has grown at a rapid pace for the past decade with over 1.2 Lac active clients by 2019.
The reason behind this high growth is their focus on recruiting top talent which can be reflected by their client base of over 12 Lacs and an employee strength of over 6200. They have also acquired Forefront Financial Group and J.P Morgan Asset Management company in 2015 and 2016 respectively thereby increasing their stronghold in the Financial Planning and commodity trading sections.
Edelweiss Broking Trading Platforms
The full-service broker provides 3 trading platforms for its customers to trade on. Here is a detailed look at these applications:
Edelweiss Mobile Trader
The Mobile Trader app is one of the most widely used trading software from Edelweiss and clients can easily track stocks, transact and receive Live notifications and tick-by-tick charts helps you stay updated on all the changes in the financial markets so that you can analyze markets easily and trade instantly.
You can easily download the app for free and start trading in Equities, Currency, Derivatives, Commodities etc., from the comfort of your smartphone. Here are some of the features of the mobile app:
- Simplified log-in for one-step access to your account in this mobile stock trading app.
- Trade in NSE India, BSE India, MCX, & NCDEX across Equity, Derivatives, Commodity, Currency, Debts & Bonds within seconds.
- Make secure fund transfer from bank to your trading account & vice-versa.
- EMT is an Equity & Commodity Mobile Trading app that lets you set alerts for your stocks to never miss the targeted price.
- Customize your portfolio watchlist with a capacity of up to 100 stocks.
- Stock Watch: Track profit & loss of your open positions on the go using this online share trading app.
Edelweiss Broking Trader Lounge
Trader’s Lounge is a browser-based trading platform that can be accessed from anywhere by just logging into the system. It can be directly used through a browser and does not require any download or installation of any application.
Clients can use this platform to track their portfolios, getting latest news on assets and instant fund transfer facility. Here are some of the features of this platform:
- The platform provides you with a Portfolio Organizer wherein you can manage and track all your portfolios across brokers at all times.
- Clients can visualize trends using technical analysis with advanced feature like option chain analysis, charting tools, heat maps etc.
- You can also gauge market sentiment using this platform in addition to the news being provided on the platform which can heavily affect the value of the stock.
- SmallCase, is also an offering from Edelweiss.in which enables investors to invest in various equity baskets across various themes.
Edelweiss Broking Xtreme Trader
Xtreme Trader is a terminal based trading software which can be easily downloaded and installed on your desktop or laptops. It is a trading terminal with high speed, insightful data analytics and advanced charting which suit all your trading needs. Here are some of the features of this software:
- Extensive Stock Market Information: In-depth market analysis for Equity, Futures
andOptions market. Get seasonality analysis, advance-decline ratio, trends in FII and DII flow, sector performance, top gainer & losers, open interest analysis, option chain and much more.
- Advanced Charting: This tool helps in performing analysis using advanced charting tools with 60+ technical indicators and drawing tools. In addition, they also provide historical data which can be used to make informed decisions.
- Live Portfolio and Reports: Track your investment performance in real time with Live portfolio and take quick trading decisions on the go. Also access and download all reports like Ledger, Transaction history, Profit and loss, Contract notes and statements, Cost report, DP bills, Inter settlement charges etc. with ease from within the application in just a few clicks.
- Research Reports: You can get stock recommendations on the fly and view extensive research reports on multiple companies.
- Customized Workspace: You can work with multiple screens on your terminal which provides ease of use and customized look and feel to the software. Also make sure to use the shortcut keys to make your life easier when working on the terminal.
Edelweiss Broking Pricing
Here is a detailed list of pricing plans one can select from which are being offered by Edelweiss. The below details will include account opening charges, brokerage, Taxes and Transaction charges.
Account Opening Charges
Clients will need to pay the following charges while opening an account with Edelweiss Broking:
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹1000|
|Trading Annual Maintainence Charges||0|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||0|
|Demat Annual Maintainence Charges(Yearly Fee)||₹500|
Edelweiss Brokerage Plans
Edelweiss Broking provides a number of brokerage plans that are suited to the needs of their various customers. They have plans for a newbie investor or an experienced trader there is a custom-made plan for you depending on whether you want to pay and upfront fee for the subscription of their services.
Note: The higher the subscription fee, the lesser amount of brokerage you are liable to pay.
Here is a list of Brokerage plans on offer at Edelweiss Broking:
Discount Brokerage Plan
This type of brokerage plan is most suitable for newbie investors who don’t want to pay an upfront subscription and only want to risk a portion of their capital. Here are the details,
|Flat Monthly Fee|
|Equity Options||₹150 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹50 per Lot|
Prepaid Plan -1
This type of plan requires you to pay upfront fees of ₹12,000 (excluding taxes) due to which the amount of brokerage is lesser. Here are the details:
|Flat Monthly Fee||₹12,000 + ₹1,800 (service tax)|
|Equity Options||₹90 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹22 per Lot|
Prepaid Plan -2
This type of plan requires you to pay upfront fees of ₹24,000 (excluding taxes) due to which the amount of brokerage is lesser than the previous plan. Here are the details:
|Flat Monthly Fee||₹24,000 + ₹3,600 (service tax)|
|Equity Options||₹60 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹15 per Lot|
Prepaid Plan -3
This type of plan requires you to pay upfront fees of ₹54,000 (excluding taxes) due to which the amount of brokerage is lesser than the previous plan. Here are the details:
|Flat Monthly Fee||₹54,000 + ₹8,100 (service tax)|
|Equity Options||₹40 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹10 per Lot|
Prepaid Plan -4
This type of plan requires you to pay upfront fees of ₹1,12,000 (excluding taxes) due to which the amount of brokerage is the least as compared to any other plan. Here are the details:
|Flat Monthly Fee||₹1,12,000 + ₹16,800 (service tax)|
|Equity Options||₹25 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹6 per Lot|
Hence, we can conclude that Edelweiss tends to charge high brokerage fees from its customers as it is a full-service broker and in
Edelweiss Transaction Charges
Transactions Charges are a combination of Exchange Turnover Charges and Trade Clearing Charges. Here are the detailed charges below:
Complaints received in NSE
This is the historical list of complaints for clients working with Edelweiss Broking:
|Exchange||Financial Year||Active Clients||Total Complaints|
If you want the detailed comparison of Total Complaints by customers against broker, kindly Click on this link