As it is said, “Money isn’t everything but happiness alone can’t keep out the rain.” So, whatever may be your financial goals, making the right investment, plays a very crucial role in achieving whatever you dream of.
You really work hard to earn money, but you also need to make your money work hard for the fulfillment of your future requirements.
And there are many options available in India where you can invest your hard earned money, so that, it can grow, for instance, FD, RD, Pension Schemes, Insurance, Stock market, Mutual funds. This availability of multiple options to invest the money is in a way good for the investors, however, it can be quite overwhelming for the ones that don’t have enough knowledge to make the right investments.
So here today we are giving you a detailed review of Axis Securities Ltd, a subsidiary of Axis Bank, which is the third largest private sector bank in India, which provides services for making an investment under the brand name Axis Direct.
Open Account and Start Trading
A LITTLE ABOUT AXIS DIRECT
Axis Securities Ltd. is the stockbroking subsidiary of Axis bank. Axis security offers stock broking services and other financial products to its customers through its brand, Axis Direct.
It was established in the year 2005 and ever since has emerged as India’s 4th largest providers of Demat accounts in India, with almost 75 branches spread across the country.
It has the highest active clients in India. Full-service broker has a membership with NSE, BSE, MCX-SX, MSEI, which makes it possible for its clients to trade across many financial segments as
- Derivative Trading
- Currency Trading
- Mutual Funds & bonds
- Commodity trading
Thus, Axis Direct brings all the investment options under one roof, so that customers can diversify their portfolio.
WHY INVEST WITH AXIS DIRECT
Here are some reasons why you should invest with Axis Direct
- Provides 3 in 1 demat account facility to its customers
- Hassle free fund transfer
- Multiple options for trading and investments
- Flat rate brokerage charges
- Good quality recommendations are given to customers
- Gives free learning opportunity to its customers through webinars, seminars, and tutorials, etc.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES ACHIEVED BY AXIS DIRECT
Few of the awards and accolades achieved by Axis Direct are listed below:
- MCX Award in the year 2019 for “First foot forward on evolving regulatory development.”
- DMA Asia ECHO Silver Award, in the year 2018 for “Enabling better online trading”.
- BSE Commodity Equity Outlook Award in the year 2018 for “Top equity Broker Of The Year.“
- 7th ACEF Global customer Engagement Award, in the year 2018, for ”Best marketing innovation.”
- DIGIIXX Award in the year 2018 for “ Best Email Marketing Campaign”.
AXIS DIRECT TRADING PLATFORM
This full-time broker offers many trading platforms to its customers. The customer can choose any platform for trading depending on their own preference and trading style.
Enlisted below are Axis Direct’s trading platforms and some of its features:
AXIS DIRECT WEB PORTAL
This is a web-based portal of Axis direct, which makes making investments quite easy. There is no need for downloading any software, you just need to clickon the link, login and start trading.
- Works on all devices including smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Customized filters and search bars help to find exactly what is needed.
- Keeping a tab on the live markets is made easy.
- Card view highlights the crucial information.
- Built-in smart INVEST and TRADE buttons allow quick trading.
- Webinars, videos, and quizzes help customers to gain knowledge about investments.
AXIS DIRECT SWIFT TRADE 3.0
This is a web-based trading platform provided by Axis direct. The customer does not have to download or install any software. The customer is provided a certain link, with access to which the customer can start trading. This platform is automatically refreshed and also provides live streaming of the quotes.
- Personalization of screen and the dashboard.
- Ease of placing orders with the help of keyboard shortcuts
- Investing tips and research ideas are provided
- No need to refresh, as the live streaming of the quotes is given automatically.
- Creating multiple market watch allows tracking the stocks and the contracts that the customer wish to follow.
AXIS DIRECT TRADE
This is a terminal based trading portal, which should be downloaded and installed on your computer or laptop.
This desktop-based application allows customers to trade from anywhere; all because of the flexibility and portability that is provided by this platform.
- Customers can quickly search for whatever they want through the Search bar
- The user-friendly and clutter-free interface allows easy navigation.
- Instant availability of updates on the important information regarding, Order status, order positions, and MTM.
- Customers can easily learn to trade through videos and tutorials.
- Includes shortcut keys that enable placing orders and accessing the reports very quickly.
- Notification and alerts can be set according to the preference of the customers
AXIS DIRECT MOBILE APP
The Axis Direct mobile app is one of the leading mobile trading application in India. This application can be easily downloaded, and there is only two-step registration that is required.
- Provides intraday charts with every detail of movement
- Placing of market orders can be done even during non-market hours
- Can be customized to create multiple watch list
- Real-time streaming of the quotes
- Ease of tracking of portfolio
- Listing your favorite stocks to your watch list
AXIS DIRECT CUSTOMER CARE
These days the customers have very high expectations from customer care. The resolution quality, turn around time, skills of the customer care executive are all the factors that affect the customer care service.
Axis Direct provides the following modes of communication with the customers:
- Offline branches
- Toll-Free Number
- Whats app
- Phone Number
- Social Media
- Web Form
Axis direct is quite good in providing customer care service. It provides offline assistance to its customers through phone calls and offline branches, and online assistance to the customers through, email, social media. The resolution quality of this full-time broker is also good. Thus one can depend on the customer service facility provided by the axis bank.
AXIS DIRECT RESEARCH
This bank-based broker provides customers with recommendations based on the research.The various recommendations are given, based on whether you want to make an investment for a long time or a short time.
It is differentiated into three levels
- The ideas are given regarding mutual funds, trading, SIP and investment in general.
- The Users also get reports regarding various investments, mutual funds, and technical analysis and daily derivatives.
- By using the tools provided by the broker, the customers can perform their own technical analysis.
By using these methods the customers can perform the research on the parallel level, to check the accuracy of the recommendations given by the Axis Direct.
HOW TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT
The axis bank allows its clients to open a 3 in 1 demat account, which allows hassle-free fund transfer. The 3 in 1 account facility allows you to integrate your bank account directly to your trading account, which facilitates easy fund transfer.
The Axis Direct 3 in 1 account can be opened on just 15 minutes. But Axis direct makes it mandatory for customers to open a saving account with Axis bank only after which the customer can open a demat account with Axis direct.
KEY FEATURES OF AXIS DIRECT DEMAT ACCOUNT
- Ease of accessing your securities online as well as offline.
- Allows seamless transactions
- Ease of conversion of funds from physical form to electronic form and vice versa
- Online and offline transfer of funds is made easy
- Dividends are credited to your account automatically
Normally the customers have to pay the account opening charges and the annual maintenance charges, for opening the demat account with any company.
ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES
The Axis direct demat account opening charges and the AMC of Axis direct are as follows,
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||₹999|
|Trading Annual Maintainence Charges||0|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||0|
|Demat Annual Maintainence Charges(Yearly Fee)||₹650|
The account opening charges that the customers have to pay to open a demat account totals up to INR 1650, which is quite high, as compared to most of the companies.
Therefore, Axis Direct is considered to be premium Stockbroker Company.
Here is detailed look at the brokerage fee being charged by Axis Direct
|Equity Options||₹100 per Lot|
|Currency Options||₹100 per contract|
However in recent years, Axis Direct has introduced India trade @20 plan, where its customers have to pay flat INR 20 per executed order. These charges are applicable across all the trading segments.
Nevertheless, the customers have to maintain the minimum balance of INR 75000 in the Axis bank account or can also opt for the subscription fee of INR 250 per month to avail this facility 0f paying INR 20 per executed order.
AXIS DIRECT MARGIN
The customers get following leverage or exposure across the various segments, which is as follows,
|Equity Delivery||Upto 10 times Intraday|
AXIS DIRECT CONSUMER COMPLAINTS REPORT
Axis direct complaint reports provide details about
- Number of complaints received by stock exchanges for Axis Direct
- Number of active clients.
|Exchange||Financial Year||Active Clients||Total Complaints|
To access the complete list of complaints registered against brokers with NSE, just click on this link
The account opening charges, and annual maintenance charges are pretty high. Moreover the brokerage charges are also quite high. This is the reason why the Axis Direct is considered to be a premium stockbroker.
The trading platforms and the services provided by the Axis Direct are undoubtedly good, but all these services can only be availed by only those who can pay such high charges.